Thursday, July 14, 2016

Meet MysticArt Captain of Technology Jonathan Sanders!

MysticArt wants to recognize Jonathan Sanders, our Captain of Technology and an incredibly talented editor. Through seven years of working with MysticArt, Jonathan has worked on everything from game shows to docu-series to sizzle reels with us after getting his foot in the door as an intern! Having recently wrapped editing the talent for season 2 of Project Runway Junior and a primetime show called Toy Box, he is currently working on the Kid Chef Competition for one of America's finest lifestyle networks.

Describe what it is you do.

I'm an editor at MysticArt for the majority of shows we cast. What I do is take the interviews that casting producers conduct and cut them down into a nice package. These edits are then presented to the network so that the talent can be considered for their respective show (and hopefully get cast!).

What are you working on now? 

I'm currently working on the kids cooking show and it's definitely a fun one!

Tell us about your background and how you got in the business.

I was born and raised in a small town in Ohio and always dreamed of working in the Film/TV industry. In 2007, I enrolled in the film program at Full Sail University and graduated with a Bachelors two years later. I moved to LA after graduation and applied for an internship at MysticArt Pictures. After interning for several months, I was hired on as an editor and have called Mystic my home for the past 7 years. #blessed

What are some of the highlights of your career?

My biggest career highlights include every season of Wipeout I've worked on (Seasons 3-7) and pretty much every game show I've done (they're my fav). Last year I spent some time in an associate producer/editor position at NBC's Peacock Productions and learned a lot about the other side of casting and development. That was definitely a career high (and working on the lot was pretty rad too!). Another would be helping launch a YouTube channel, Snarled, and experiencing a different side of post production and pushing myself to a new level. Having my work viewed and enjoyed by thousands on YouTube is definitely high up on the career highlights list.

What is a key piece of advice for talent when they are getting ready for an interview?

The biggest piece of advice I can give any talent is to keep your energy level at 110% during an interview. Don't be afraid to be yourself! But like, your TV self. Not boring. Don't be boring. Let your personality shine!