Thursday, May 12, 2016

Meet Our Project Runway Junior Talent Associate Avery Steele!

What are you working on now?
I'm currently working on the second season of Project Runway Junior. I love working on shows that give young people the opportunity to show off their incredible talent and shine. It makes me so happy!

Tell us about your background and how you got in the business. 
I have always been mildly/really obsessed with reality television, and, even at age 10, I remember being really curious about how the shows were cast. After I graduated from college, I started looking for a job within the industry. I came across an internship opportunity at MysticArt Pictures online, and I was so excited. I learned so much during my internship because of my amazing mentor, talent producer Sammy Amiransari. She showed me the ropes, and before I knew it, I was offered a job at Mystic. I've now been casting for four years.

What are some of the highlights of your career? 
I have to say that working on Project Runway Junior has been the highlight. I cannot say it enough - I LOVE meeting and speaking with amazingly talented teens. The next generation is inspiring, and they remind me that our future is bright.

What are you looking for on your new show?
We are looking for teenagers who are talented and passionate about fashion design. Being on Project Runway Junior will open doors that adults within the fashion industry would love to have, and we are looking for teens who recognize that opportunity.