Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Meet New MysticArt Assistant Emily Hallenstein!

MysticArt adds new key team member Emily Hallenstein! Emily joined the MysticArt Pictures team just a few months ago, but she already feels like a part of the family. Emily embodies our motto of "relentless optimism," and always comes to work with a positive attitude and ready to learn new aspects of the company and the process of bringing new projects to life.

What are you working on now?

One of the many projects I'm working on is the show 'This Time Next Year,' where people achieve their ultimate goal in 365 days. This show is truly inspiring and I'm excited for everyone to learn about their stories! In addition, I'm also having a ton of fun working with our creative team on development and social media for MysticArt Pictures to help research and outreach for new shows. I love being able to create different strategies for the amazing shows we are working on and to utilize what is in the media today.

Tell us about your background and how you got into the business.

I received my Bachelor's Degree at the University of Iowa in Theatre with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Performing Arts. I've always been intrigued by the Entertainment Industry, and the University of Iowa made me fall more in love with the business side, particularly talent and casting. I first got my start in the business interning with WGN News in Chicago, IL. After WGN, I interned in Los Angeles with NBC Universal. There, I worked in the Talent and Casting department for E!, G4, and The Style Network.

What are some things you're excited to have learned so far at MysticArt? What do you hope to learn in the future?

Being fairly new to the industry, I have learned A LOT!!! The MysticArt team has been so helpful teaching me all about our process in talent and production and how to create different outreach strategies. What goes into bringing a show to life is amazing and looking back at the end is very fulfilling. I love everything I have learned so far and I'm excited to learn so much more. MysticArt is not just a workplace, it's a culture and a creative community, and I love the team environment.

What are you looking for on This Time Next Year?

For 'This Time Next Year,' we are looking for people who have big goals and will achieve them within 365 days. I love this show because it is very inspiring to see someone dream about what their live could be if they achieved their goal and see them go for it in front of America. I'm also starting on the new show 'Mini Mentors,' which MysticArt is producing and features amazing young kids with big skills that are SO inspiring!

What are some tips and advice you have for someone who would like to get in to the business?

Stay positive, be organized, and always be fearless!