Friday, August 19, 2016

Meet Talent Associate Producer Jazz Trice!

Meet Talent Associate Jazz Trice! Jazz joined the MysticArt Pictures team on the show Debt Free, and we are thrilled he has stayed on for the Kid Chef Competition. Jazz likes to say he's lucky enough to get to work on fun unscripted television shows while slowly exploring Los Angeles one restaurant at a time, meaning our Kid Chef show is perfect for him. We are so lucky to have him on board!

What are you working on now?
I'm working on a great cooking competition show featuring talented kid chefs cooking alongside their parents! It's the first cooking show with parent/child duos and I can't wait to see them facing off against each other. I'm talking about some of the best kid chefs in the country that are better than most adults and definitely better than me! I've already added some of their recipes to my personal cookbook.

Tell us about your background and how you got in the business.
I received my bachelor's degree in Dramatic Art and Psychology from UC Davis. I became a huge theatre nerd (acting, writing, and directing) while juggling psychology classes and competing on my track and field team. I moved to LA right after and had an "Eat, Pray, Love" couple of years before getting my first unscripted job in the talent department of "Hell's Kitchen." I learned to love casting and getting to explore the lives of people from different backgrounds and professions from month-to-month. After a lot of various unscripted shows and development work, I landed at MysticArt and have been here all summer '16.

What are some of the highlights of your career?
I'm very proud of my time working as a Casting Producer on A&E's Intervention. That was the most challenging show to work on due to the subject matter and the amount of variables involved to get people on air. I gained so much experience in a short amount of time and it also helped to dispel the misconception about those suffering from addiction. It was very stressful but very rewarding getting to see people get the help they need and change their lives for the better. And working on an Emmy award-winning show is a huge plus!

What are you looking for on your new show? 
My team and I are looking for kids that are extremely passionate about cooking and approach it as an art form to perfect. If you watch cooking shows more than cartoons and act as the head chef in your family, then you're exactly what we need! For parents, we want those that are fiercely competitive, fully support their children's endeavors and know their kids are the best of the best! We want kids and parents that love to work together on a team and will do anything to win first place.

What are some tips and advice you have for someone who would like to audition for your show?
The first rule is to be yourself, but make sure to crank that energy up to an 11! We want your personalities to shine through in our interviews, so have fun and relax. Also, make sure to constantly be working on your cooking skills. If you're serious about it and work hard enough, you'll get on a show sooner than you think!